We’re so excited to pair up with our blogging BFF’s from Swoony Boys Podcast and bring you our latest author podcast! We’ve had the opportunity to chat with a handful of amazing authors over the years but we wanted to make this more of a regular feature and hopefully it provides you answers and insight into some of your favorite authors and books! (If you want to see someone specific make sure you let us know in the comments). We’re so excited to bring you our chat with the amazing Susan Dennard!
- We start off with a debate on whether or not “y’all” should be used by everyone. Spoiler alert: It should.
- Susan Dennard gives us her elevator pitch for the Witchlands series.
- We find out where the idea for the series came from and what a typical writing day looks like for Susan.
- Susan shares her writing process and what the publication process is like for her.
- We chat about what it was like to go back to the beginning with Sightwitch and Susan shares some fun secrets.
- Susan tells us her favorite part about writing in the YA Fantasy genre–and the most difficult parts.
- We find out if there were any scenes cut in Sightwitch and who she would introduce her characters to if she could introduce them to any other author’s characters.
- Susan tells us two truths and a lie about herself, and we have to guess which is the lie. We’re still losers. 😆
- We find out what advice Susan would give to her 17-year-old self.
- Susan shares her most-anticipated upcoming (at the time of recording) new releases, a few of her go-to re-reads, and her favorite swoony boys.
- We wrap things up with a fun Word Association Game