The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
(Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads)Also by this author: The Serpent King
Published by Random House Children's Books on March 8th 2016
Genres: Adolescence, Friendship, Love & Romance, Physical & Emotional Abuse, Social Issues, Social Themes, Young Adult
Dill has had to wrestle with vipers his whole life—at home, as the only son of a Pentecostal minister who urges him to handle poisonous rattlesnakes, and at school, where he faces down bullies who target him for his father’s extreme faith and very public fall from grace.
He and his fellow outcast friends must try to make it through their senior year of high school without letting the small-town culture destroy their creative spirits and sense of self. Graduation will lead to new beginnings for Lydia, whose edgy fashion blog is her ticket out of their rural Tennessee town. And Travis is content where he is thanks to his obsession with an epic book series and the fangirl turning his reality into real-life fantasy.
Their diverging paths could mean the end of their friendship. But not before Dill confronts his dark legacy to attempt to find a way into the light of a future worth living.
We’re so excited to pair up with our blogging BFF’s from Swoony Boys Podcast and bring you a feature we’ve been trying to make happen for quite some time! We’ve had the opportunity to chat with a handful of amazing authors over the years but we wanted to make this more of a regular feature and hopefully it provides you answers and insight into some of your favorite authors and books! (If you want to see someone specific make sure you let us know in the comments) So without further ado we kick off the author chats with none other than Jeff Zentner! Have a listen and let us know what you think… OH and make sure you head over to iTunes and leave a (hopefully glowing) review! PLUS we have a giveaway for Jeff’s amazing debut, THE SERPENT KING.
- Jeff gives us his elevator pitch for The Serpent King. There’s an echoish noise. We’re sorry about that, but we promise it goes away by the time we get to question two!
- Jeff Zentner admits that he was obsessed with teen fashion bloggers 😉
- We talk about the characters in The Serpent King and lots of interesting things about Jeff’s writing process and how much he likes the editing process.
- We discuss growing up in a small town.
- Jeff (sort of) admits that he totally meant to make us cry. Even though he basically says he didn’t.
- Jeff shares his favorite scenes. And he makes a reference to Friday Night Lights that made us love him even more. #cleareyesfullhearts
- We get a glimpse of what’s on Jeff’s current reads list and massive TBR pile.
- Jeff tells us what he’d include in a letter to his 17-year-old self.
- Then, Jeff tells us what he considers “the hottest thing ever” !!!
- Finally, we play a fun game with Jeff. Where we kind of scare him. And it’s pretty dang funny.
Don’t miss out on the best #socksunday post ever. Follow Jeff Zenter on Instagram:
Don’t forget to check out our review HERE
GIVEAWAY – US ONLY