We’re so excited to pair up with our blogging BFF’s from Swoony Boys Podcast and bring you our latest author podcast! We’ve had the opportunity to chat with a handful of amazing authors over the years but we wanted to make this more of a regular feature and hopefully it provides you answers and insight into some of your favorite authors and books! (If you want to see someone specific make sure you let us know in the comments). We’re so excited to bring you our chat with the amazing Anna-Marie McLemore!
- Anna-Marie McLemore starts us off with a brilliant elevator pitch for her latest title, Wild Beauty, and where the idea for the story came from.
- We get some insight into how Anna-Marie works and how she develops what she’s writing.
- We find out what the publishing process has been like for Anna-Marie and why she’s so thankful for her editor.
- Anna-Marie tells us why celebrating the release of Wild Beauty will be unlike any other launch day she’s had. Hint: You might be seeing her.
- We chat about Fel and his swoony-ness, then Anna-Marie delves into why diversity in YA is so important to her.
- Anna-Marie shares the most difficult thing about writing in this genre–and what the best part was, too.
- We talk about Anna-Marie’s favorite scenes in Wild Beauty.
- Anna-Marie lets us know which of her characters she would love to introduce to any other character. It’s fun!
- Anna-Marie tells us two truths and a lie–and you’re not going to believe the story she tells to go with it! We can’t wait to see her at BEA or on tour!
- Anna-Marie lets us know the two upcoming releases she’s most excited about and about the books she loves to re-read and recommend to everyone.
- We talk about Anna-Marie’s favorite swoony boy and give her a little history lesson on our evolution of swoon.
- We get serious as Anna-Marie lets us know what she would include in a letter to her 17-year-old self.
- We wrap things up with a fun word association game and a big thanks to Anna-Marie McLemore for joining us on Swoony Boys Podcast.
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
(Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads)Also by this author: The Weight of Feathers
Published by Feiwel & Friends on October 3rd 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult Fiction
Love grows such strange things.
For nearly a century, the Nomeolvides women have tended the grounds of La Pradera, the lush estate gardens that enchant guests from around the world. They’ve also hidden a tragic legacy: if they fall in love too deeply, their lovers vanish. But then, after generations of vanishings, a strange boy appears in the gardens.
The boy is a mystery to Estrella, the Nomeolvides girl who finds him, and to her family, but he’s even more a mystery to himself; he knows nothing more about who he is or where he came from than his first name. As Estrella tries to help Fel piece together his unknown past, La Pradera leads them to secrets as dangerous as they are magical in this stunning exploration of love, loss, and family.