Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome and wonderful people over at The Broke and The Bookish
This week the topic is: Top Ten Best Bookish Memories
1. San Diego Comic Con 2012 – This was the year I that I didn’t really care about what was going on in all the big rooms, I went mostly to meet some of my favorite authors around. Leigh Bardugo, Stephanie Perkins, Tahereh Mafi, Maggie Stiefvater, Melina Marchetta… but I also got to meet some lovely authors who were new to me… James Dashner, Rae Carson, Sarah J. Maas. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it was lovely to see the Twilight cast one last time, up close and personal, but the books were what made SDCC for me in 2012!
2. The first time someone said ‘What should I read… I trust your recommendations.’ and also ‘I check your blog to figure out what I should read next.’ both statements are incredibly gratifying. I didn’t realize how much time and effort go into a blog and it’s nice to know that me and my BFF aren’t the only people who look at it.
3. Getting my first book from a publisher that I requested. I mean… I turned around and did a giveaway with it because it was an incredible book (Dualed by Elsie Chapman!!) but getting that envelope for the first time gave me butterflies.
4. Interacting with some incredible authors! Whether it’s via email or twitter or at events it’s always incredible to me that we get to create these relationships that in the past probably wouldn’t have happened. I love being able to say ‘HEY you!! incredible author – I absolutely loved your book!’ and knowing that they see it because they have responded with a gracious thank you just blows my mind.
5. Reading 215 books last year. I realize that is a lot… and probably a number I won’t be able to maintain once I start up my classes again, but it was a wonderful year.
6. Swooning and flailing over boys like Lucas, Jase, Four, Ash, Caleb, Etienne, T.J., Alex, Julian, Daimon, Aiden, Adam, Warner, Augustus, Will, Chase, Perry, Roar, Archer, Holder and ‘fucking Josh Bennett’.
7. Making blogger friends and leaning on the ones who I already had! Getting out there and meeting new people is always hard… now do it over the internet LOL but seriously I could talk about books all day, so it made it a crapload easier. I’m looking forward to attending ALA and possibly going to BEA to maybe put some faces with the blogs that I not only have come to know, but become big fans of! Everyone in the book blogging community has been incredibly welcoming and helpful and just plain wonderful!
8. Reading Unravel Me early.
9. Reading Siege and Storm early.
10. Waiting for all the sequels. That has to be the hardest thing. But you all know how gratifying it is when you pick up that next book in a series and realize that it is everything you were hoping it would be. I do… and it makes that wait so much sweeter.
So… what are some of your favorite Bookish memories??