Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome and wonderful people over at The Broke and The Bookish
This is a good but a tough question because I rarely think about setting when I’m picking out a book to read.
1. I think the first one has to be Wisconsin. I always get a little bit excited when authors mention the place I live in their books – when I’m able to recognize or say ‘hey! I’ve been there too!’ And being in the midwest, we kind of get lost in the Chicago bubble!
2. Paris, France – Anna and the French Kiss, The Revenant Series… both books I love and both set in the lovely city of Paris. Come on… it can be romantic and plus, I’ve never been there, so living vicariously and all that.
3. Summer camp type place – I don’t think I’ve ever read a book where the story takes place at a summer camp. Maybe I’ve missed what’s out there?
4. Ireland! – I visited there once and I can just imagine the amazing backdrop it could make for an incredible story.
5. London – I want to go, therefore I should read stories that are set there right?
6. Ski hills – cold weather and sports – gimme!
7. College! – I’m a sucker for a good New Adult book – college age story and I need some good ones!!!
8. The Country or a rural setting – I’m not talking straight up cowboys… instead, something not in a major city.
9. Restaurants – I’d love to see something written around the restaurant industry… chefs, waitstaff, students… I want it!
10. Airport/Airplane – There is so much potential with this setting!