We’re so excited to pair up with our blogging BFF’s from Swoony Boys Podcast and bring you our latest author podcast! We’ve had the opportunity to chat with a handful of amazing authors over the years but we wanted to make this more of a regular feature and hopefully it provides you answers and insight into some of your favorite authors and books! (If you want to see someone specific make sure you let us know in the comments) I can’t even tell you all how excited I am that we got to chat with our author today – she’s written some of my all-time favorite contemporaries and it was so fun to get the chance to chat with her about books, writing and reading! Kasie has a new book out this week – By Your Side – Here are the details:
By Your Side Published by HarperCollins on January 31, 2017
When Autumn Collins finds herself accidentally locked in the library for an entire weekend, she doesn’t think things could get any worse. But that’s before she realizes that Dax Miller is locked in with her. Autumn doesn’t know much about Dax except that he’s trouble. Between the rumors about the fight he was in (and that brief stint in juvie that followed it) and his reputation as a loner, he’s not exactly the ideal person to be stuck with. Still, she just keeps reminding herself that it is only a matter of time before Jeff, her almost-boyfriend, realizes he left her in the library and comes to rescue her.
Only he doesn’t come. No one does.
Instead it becomes clear that Autumn is going to have to spend the next couple of days living off vending-machine food and making conversation with a boy who clearly wants nothing to do with her. Except there is more to Dax than meets the eye. As he and Autumn first grudgingly, and then not so grudgingly, open up to each other, Autumn is struck by their surprising connection. But can their feelings for each other survive once the weekend is over and Autumn’s old life, and old love interest, threaten to pull her from Dax’s side?
Without further fangirling – I present to you our podcast with Kasie West!
- Kasie West gives us her elevator pitch for By Your Side and lets us know where her idea for the book came from.
- Kasie tells us about her writing environment and how she develops her writing.
- Then she shares her publication process and how she celebrates new releases.
- Kasie gives a heartfelt message about dealing with anxiety and how she wanted to portray her MC, Autumn.
- We find out the three authors Kasie would like to be stuck in a library with.
- Kasie shares how she writes swoony boys but doesn’t give us any clues on where to find them in real life. 🙂
- We talk about Kasie’s favorite scenes in By Your Side and the ones she’s glad she added in after the first draft.
- Next we switch things up a bit and find out the characters that Kasie would like to introduce her characters too. If you know us, you know we’re happy with her answer!
- Kasie shares three fun things about herself with us and lets us know what she would write in a letter to her 17-year-old self.
- We talk about Kasie’s TBR and books she wants to help get the word out on. And we make fun of Jaime’s reading schedule. As usual.
- Kasie shares her favorite swoony boys and what she likes the most about them.
- We play a fun word association game with Kasie to wrap things up. And it’s hilarious!
***Meet Kasie West***
Win a Copy of By Your Side by Kasie West!