The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.
There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don’t come back.
Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard for her to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. It’s hard to forget that life in the United States used to be different.
Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.
That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings—the only boy Ember has ever loved.
Kristen Simmons writes young adult fiction – the kind that’s dark and scary but generally involves some kissing. She’s the author of ARTICLE 5 (2012), BREAKING POINT (2013), and THREE (2014), as well as THE GLASS ARROW (2015), and METALTOWN (2016). Words cannot describe how happy all this makes her.
- We welcome the awesome Kristen Simmons, author of the Article 5 Series and creator of Chase and Sean!
- Kristen tells us what would make her throw her book at people.
- Kristen answers a bunch of questions about the Article 5 Series, including where the inspiration for the series came from, what her favorite parts and characters were, and how she felt when she was finished writing the series.
- Kristen lets us know some of the swoony boys she’s been reading.
- Kristen gives us the 411 on her upcoming title: The Glass Arrow. We can’t wait for this one!
- Kristen plays a little word association game with us.
P.S. You can find the extra scenes from the Article 5 Series in Chase’s POV on Kristen’s Site. Let us know what you think! If you haven’t joined us for the “Real Book” Challenge, the Article 5 series by Kristen Simmons is the perfect way to get started, so be sure to sign up and read the awesomeness.