Former piano prodigy Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone learning about her past and to make the boy who took everything from her—her identity, her spirit, her will to live—pay.
Josh Bennett’s story is no secret: every person he loves has been taken from his life until, at seventeen years old, there is no one left. Now all he wants is be left alone and people allow it because when your name is synonymous with death, everyone tends to give you your space.
Everyone except Nastya, the mysterious new girl at school who starts showing up and won’t go away until she’s insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. But the more he gets to know her, the more of an enigma she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he will ever learn the secrets she’s been hiding—or if he even wants to.
The Sea of Tranquility is a rich, intense, and brilliantly imagined story about a lonely boy, an emotionally fragile girl, and the miracle of second chances.
- Katja lets us know what The Sea of Tranquility is about.
- Everyone makes fun of Kassiah for whining to Jaime about the angst.
- We find out where the idea for The Sea of Tranquility came from.
- Katja tells us her favorite scenes
- Katja lets us know how things evolved as she wrote the story, then she talks outlines.
- We find out Katja’s favorite secondary character.
- We learn which characters surprised Katja.
- Katja lets us know how she felt when The Sea of Tranquility was finished.
- We flail over Josh Bennett.
- We talk about books that we’re loving right now.
- Katja plays a little word association game with us.