We can’t believe 2018 is coming to a close! We’re wrapping up the year by talking about all our favorites (and not-so-favorites), and of course we’re with our besties, Meg and Kassiah, from Swoony Boys Podcast. So grab a cup of something warm, pull up a comfy seat, and chat with us about our 2018 Bookish Wrap-Up. Don’t forget to let us know your favorites and if we missed anyone in the comments below.
Please note! We recorded this podcast at the beginning of December, so just in case we read something else from 2018 that trumps one of these books, we totally reserve the right to change our minds.
- We kick things off with some stats, including how many books and audiobooks we read (and re-read) this year and our most-read genres, which surprised one of us.
- Then we talk about our favorite books we read in 2018 and the books we were excited about but didn’t love as much as we anticipated.
- We dished surprising books–either in a good way or a bad way and the books we pushed the hardest.
- We talked about our favorite newly discovered authors in 2018 and our faves that put us out of our comfort zones.
- We broke down the most action-packed thrilling reads of the year as the books that we will definitely have on our re-read lists in 2019.
- We discussed favorite covers, memorable characters, and books we couldn’t believe we waited until this year to finally dive into.
- We talked about the books that shocked us and our OTPs of the year.
- We switched things up to the best non-romantic relationships, friendships, and bromances.
- Then we focused on our favorite books this year from authors we already know and love.
- Next we chatted about peer pressure and the best books we read in 2018 that someone else told us to read.
- You know us. We brought it back to the swoon with our newest crushes from books we read this year and then talked about our favorite debuts.
- We discussed the books that were the most fun to read and put the biggest smiles on our faces 😁 and the hidden gems of the year.
- We revealed the books we read this year that made us the maddest and the books we didn’t get to this year but will be our NUMBER 1 Priorities in 2019.
- We wrapped it up with the 2019 books and sequels that we’re most anticipating.
Thank you for listening. We hope you have a Merry Christmas and the best year ever in 2019! ❤️❤️❤️