Have you read any of Amy Tintera’s books? I loved her Reboot/Rebel series so much and was really excited to see her new series when it started! I was lucky enough to get an early copy of RUINED and was never more thankful for flight delays in my life! I seriously can not wait for AVENGED! Amy was gracious enough to take time to participate in our hop and she’s going to share her Top Ten Books she’s grateful for and I can’t wait to see what they are, but first, let’s talk about her books!
Emelina Flores has nothing. Her home in Ruina has been ravaged by war. She lacks the powers of her fellow Ruined. Worst of all, she witnessed her parents’ brutal murders and watched helplessly as her sister, Olivia, was kidnapped.
But because Em has nothing, she has nothing to lose. Driven by a blind desire for revenge, Em sets off on a dangerous journey to the enemy kingdom of Lera. Somewhere within Lera’s borders, Em hopes to find Olivia. But in order to find her, Em must infiltrate the royal family.
In a brilliant, elaborate plan of deception and murder, Em marries Prince Casimir, next in line to take Lera’s throne. If anyone in Lera discovers Em is not Casimir’s true betrothed, Em will be executed on the spot. But it’s the only way to salvage Em’s kingdom and what is left of her family.
Em is determined to succeed, but the closer she gets to the prince, the more she questions her mission. Em’s rage-filled heart begins to soften. But with her life—and her family—on the line, love could be Em’s deadliest mistake.
In the sequel to Ruined, the romance of The Selection and the epic stakes of Red Queen come together in a story of revenge, adventure, and unexpected love.
Emelina Flores has come home to Ruina. After rescuing her sister Olivia from imprisonment in rival kingdom Lera, Em and Olivia together vow to rebuild Ruina to its former glory.
But their fight has only begun. Olivia is determined to destroy everyone who acts against Ruina, but Em isn’t as sure. Ever since Em posed as Prince Casimir’s betrothed in Lera, she’s started to see another side to this war. And now that Cas has taken the throne, Em believes a truce is within reach. But Olivia suspects that Em’s romantic feelings for Cas are just coloring her judgement.
Em is determined to bring peace to her home. But when winning the war could mean betraying her family, Em faces an impossible choice between loyalty and love. Em must stay one step ahead of her enemies—and her blood—before she’s the next victim in this battle for sovereignty.
10 Books I’m Thankful For
I wanted to write a list of books that I didn’t just love, but was also thankful for in some way. Below, books that mean a lot to me as a writer, a woman, or just a person who really loves to read.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer – because it changed YA and brought a lot of people (like me) back to reading.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- because this book really got the YA dystopian ball rolling, and made me want to write my own!
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – because this book made me so happy, I read it twice.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – because I loved Anna so much I hid in the bathroom at work to finish it, and learned a lot about pacing a contemporary novel.
- The Legend trilogy by Marie Lu – because the two voices are so distinct in these books, I felt like I learned a lot about alternating first-person that I try to bring to my own writing.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – because I loved it so much it made me want to write my own contemporary YA.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – because these books are creative and amazing, and any time someone asks me what book I wish I’d written, I reply “Cinder!”
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz – because it’s a happy book, and most of the books I’d read with gay characters ended tragically.
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston – because all the characters are as supportive and wonderful as you want them to be.
- The Star-Touched Queenby Roshani Chokshi – because the writing is so beautiful, I wanted to read it forever.
I have to admit Amy, that there is nothing on this list that I don’t agree with! The only one I haven’t yet read is Exit, Pursued By A Bear and I’m going to remedy that very soon! I have it on my TBR pile coming soon!
1 winner will win a stack of books from our featured authors!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Head over to Swoony Boys Podcast to check out their featured author and enter to win their stack of books!