(Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads)Also by this author: Burn
Published by Text Publishing Company on June 25th 2014
Genres: Action & Adventure, Fantasy, Fiction, General, Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Gaby thought her life couldn’t get more complicated.
She’s almost used to the idea that she’s not the nineteen-year-old backpacker she thought she was. She can just about cope with being one of the Rephaim - a 140-year-old half-angel - whose memories have been stolen. She’s even coming to grips with the fact that Jude, the brother she’s mourned for a year, didn’t die at all.
But now Rafa—sexy, infuriating Rafa—is being held, and hurt, by Gatekeeper demons. And Gaby has to get the bitterly divided Rephaim to work together, or Rafa has no chance at all.
It’s a race against time - and history. And it may already be too late.
Have you started this series yet? Because if you haven’t, you must go now and pick up the first books because I promise you will become as obsessed about it as I have.
I have to admit that I hadn’t written a review for this book since reading it but my comment when finishing this was
THIS SERIES KILLS MEEEEEE FULL REVIEW TO COME WHEN I CAN STOP SHOUTING ABOUT IT!!!
Obviously I hadn’t officially stopped shouting about it because it’s been sitting on my ‘must review’ shelf for a while. I mean this book was amazing… there is absolutely no other word for it. And how the heck am I supposed to review a book 3 without accidentally giving something away? Instead of giving you the details about this book specifically since it is a book 3 out of 4, I’m going to tell you the reasons why you need to pick it up!
- Rafa – This is the book boyfriend you didn’t know you were missing out on. Though he’s not physically in most of this book for REASONS, his presence is sorely missed because of the connection he and Gaby share.
- Gaby – I don’t even know how to explain Gaby… or is it Gabe. She’s slowly figuring things out, but her connection to her brother and Rafa is the best. Plus she seriously kicks ass in all kinds of ways.
- Rafa and Gaby – good lord the chemistry between these two is OFF the charts. There are secrets between them but that only seems to intensify what is going on between them and it’s so crazy good.
- All the secrets and suspense – You know that there are big things happening but Weston does an amazing job with the slow reveal, giving us readers enough to keep the plot moving forward but keeping you in suspense throughout the entirety of the story.
- The action – seriously these books are filled with action and once you start you won’t be able to put it down.
If you’re looking for a unique take on fallen angels, something that will have you on the edge of your seat in anticipation of what’s coming next, you absolutely need to start this series. I can’t tell you enough how amazing the characters and the story are. RUN and get the first couple books now! I promise you’ll thank me!