Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it’s time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.
The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.
Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won’t even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.
Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn’t just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he’s also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.
In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.
She completed undergraduate studies at UCLA and then went on to study fine art at the California College of the Arts in San Francisco. She lives in Northern California with her husband and two sons. When not writing, she enjoys reading, painting, and counting down the minutes until she can get back to making up stories about imaginary people.
Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a review for the last book in the series. There may inadvertently be spoilers for previous books. You’ve been warned.
Perry and Aria are desperately trying to unite both the Dwellers and the Outsiders and find a way to access the Still Blue and find safety from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess. But first they have to get Cinder back because he’s the key to getting everyone to safety.
None of what they have to achieve is easy and to top things off Roar returns to camp furious with Perry (WHAT WHAT WHAT!!). Into The Still Blue will have friendships and alliances being tested and revelations and sacrifices being made but the end of this novel you will be on the edge of your seat turning page after page to see what happens to these beloved characters.
Into the Still Blue is an amazing conclusion for an amazing series and I couldn’t have been more satisfied. But I have to be honest… I’m sad. I’m horrendously sad. BECAUSE there isn’t going to be anymore. This is it and I don’t want to have to say goodbye.
But I’ve decided for this review, I’m not going to get into specifics about the story… at this point, you have to know my love for this series, the world, the characters, the words and of course Veronica Rossi. So instead … reasons why you need to read this series.
1. Under The Never Sky has amazing characters that you can’t help but cheer for and against time and again. You will laugh, cry, yell and get angry right along with Perry, Roar, Aria, Cinder, Brooke, Hess, and Sable.
2. Best bromance in the history of bromances (I bumped Turk n JD for Perry and Roar btw and if you know what this means we should be bff’s)
3. The friendships in this story are so well done that I want to live with all of them … I’d even suffer the Aether and life in The Tides just to be able to call them friends and have that unwaivering bond with them.
4. Rossi creates incredible, complicated relationships and I’m not just talking between Perry and Aria – they definitely have complications to deal with, but there are so many others and so many layers. And there are some reveals that happen that will have you trying to make sense of what could possibly happen and you’ll be wrong, because the twists and turns that Rossi takes to get there are so wonderfully done and surprising.
5. Action action action – This book has it all, from beginning to end you will be engrossed in this perfectly paced story.
6. Swoon – you know I love my swoon and Rossi delivers.I have so many passages marked in this book … but I’ll narrow it down.
“What brought you out here, Aria?” he asked.
She looked up, right into his eyes. “I needed to find you.”
“I know,” he said. “The second I left you, I felt the same way.”
What I was trying to say,” he whispered, “is that I see you in everything. There isn’t a word for you that means enough, because you’re everything to me.”
The journey that these characters take and the story that Rossi has crafted in this series has become one of my favorites and while I’m horribly depressed that this is the end of this series, I am so incredibly happy that I had the chance to read it and experience her words. It’s definitely a series that I will be returning to in the future and one that I will recommend for a long time to come.
If for some strange and weird reason you have not started this series, I can’t tell you enough to drop what you are doing… go now and buy these books and start reading. Don’t forget the novellas because they are just as amazing as the actual books. If you start now, you’ll be prepared for the arrival of Into The Still Blue and there is no need to thank me for making you do this.
Veronica Rossi… you’ve got me as a fangirl for life… and I can’t wait to see what you have next for us. I mean, unless you write a surprise novella where you kill off everyone … then we might have to have some words.
Thank you to Harpercollins and Edelweiss for the advance copy in exchange for my honest thoughts.