The lovely bloggers over at Broke and Bookish have a weekly list and I thought I’d participate this week because… well, I’m thankful for things and the topic this week is:
Top Ten Books/Authors I’m Thankful For
(in no particular order)
1. I’m thankful for Stephenie Meyer… yes, I said it. Without her books (Twilight) I would never have been a part of a fandom that has provided me with hours of entertainment, and wonderful friends.
2. I’m thankful for Divergent/Veronica Roth. Divergent is probably one of the first dystopian books I read and fell in love with and it’s become one of my favorite genres since then. And of course she gave us Four so there’s that.
3. I’m thankful for Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey Series. I never thought I would be able to read about fairies with a straight face. She made me fall in love with her characters and they now hold places among my favorite books.
4. I’m thankful for Jill Shalvis and her Lucky Harbor series. I’ve never wanted to live someplace imaginary more in my life.
5. I’m thankful for John Green and The Fault in Our Stars – even though I cried like a baby, the story was so beautifully told and even thinking about it right now makes my heart hurt and yet I yearn to read it again.
6. I’m thankful for Tiffanie DeBartolo and How to Kill a Rock Star – one of the first books I picked up after college that pulled me in and didn’t let me go. I like to think it’s what got me started reading fiction again.
7. I’m thankful for Jennifer Armentrout for writing like a madwoman. I adore both the Covenant Series and the Lux Series as well as adult Gamble Brothers Series.
8. I’m thankful for Leigh Bardugo for her Grisha series. She opened my eyes to Fantasy books, which I was sure I would never like. Boy was I wrong.
9. I’m thankful for Huntley Fitzpatrick – My Life Next Door quickly became one of my favorite books this year and I instantly fell in love with Jase.
10. I’m thankful for Tahereh Mafi – Shatter Me, Destroy Me, and Unravel Me hold places on my all-time favorites list and will most likely stay there for quite some time.
So… there you have it. I have a million more authors/books that I’m thankful for but I can only pick ten today!
What books/authors are you thankful for?