We have had a fantastic April around here with events, podcasts, and of course, Endgame (Did you see it yet? There were so many feels!)! Check out what we’ve been up to with all the bookish things this month!
Fun with our Blogger Besties – Swoony Boys Podcast!
If you haven’t heard yet, we have recorded some new and fun podcasts with our besties over at Swoony Boys Podcast. We’ve decided that each month we will have a few different things going up because we miss talking to each other so make sure you check back here often.
Our #EJKMbookclub April pick (Meg’s choice!) was The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and we all liked it…there were some things we loved and things we questioned but overall thought this was a great story. Check out our discussion below and it’s not too late to join in for our May read. It was my choice again so I chose Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen because I have been talking about this book for a long time and I want Meg, Kass, and Jaime to love it as much as I do. If you have read it, or want to read it now, you can join the discussion by using the hashtag #EJKMbookclub on Twitter to let us know your thoughts!
Like us, you probably have a number of books on your shelves that you’ve been meaning to read (or re-read) but just haven’t gotten around to it. Well we’ve decided that each month, we will pick an assigned read for someone. We each have our own lists (Erin | Jaime | Kassiah | Meg), and each month we’ll take turns choosing a book from the lists we’ve made. We’ll get together and recap those reads for all of you and let you know what we thought! And we’ll also reveal to each other what we’ll be reading next! Check out the episode below to see what we all picked for each other for April.
iTunes | Google Play | Spotify
We will be picking back up with our author talk podcasts soon so if you have any recommendations or requests on topics or authors we should interview / talk to, just put them in the comments!
We were so happy to find out that Tracey Garvis-Graves was coming to Anderson’s Bookshop! We love her books and it has been years since we had the opportunity to see her in person so of course, we made the trip down to Illinois! If you haven’t had the chance to read her new book, The Girl He Used to Know, you need to add it to your TBR and pick it up as soon as possible. We loved it! Also – we were so excited, neither of us took pictures. Oh well, next time!
What We’ve Been Reading:
All the Posts!
WE POSTED REVIEWS FOR:
- [1 Apr] Smoke and Key by Kelsey Sutton ★★★★
- [2 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book
- [2 Apr] Blog Tour: Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan ★★★★½
- [4 Apr] The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis-Graves ★★★★½
- [5 Apr] Flashback Friday: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- [6 Apr] Monthly Wrap Up – March 2019
- [18 Apr] The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe Blog Tour
- [18 Apr] #EJKMBookClub: The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon Podcast
- [19 Apr] Flashback Friday: The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- [22 Apr] A Pack of Blood and Lies by Olivia Wildenstein ★★★
- [25 Apr] April Hotties of the Month Podcast
- [26 Apr] Flashback Friday: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
WE HAVE/HAD GIVEAWAYS FOR:
No posts found.