We’re back with our monthly book club and here’s our next episode of the #EJKMBookClub. Each month, one of us chooses a book and makes the other three read it, and this time, it was Kassiah’s turn to choose our book.
This month Kassiah chose: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern!
This episode is all about The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. In last month’s book club episode, Kassiah mentioned choosing this book because 1. She lved it, 2. because Meg and Jaime had never read it and she and Erin thought that was a sort of travesty, and 3. because Morgenstern’s next book, The Starless Sea will be out soon (November 5). As with all of our other book club episodes, we had mixed reactions, so have a listen and join us with your thoughts about this book using the #EJKMBookClub hashtag on instagram and twitter. And like with the other books we’ve discussed that are years old, we do have some SPOILERS ahead. We tried to keep it down, really. We’ll also be announcing our next month’s pick in this episode.
iTunes | Google Play | Spotify
- Kassiah tells us why she chose The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
- We discuss how we felt about the book.
- We talk about audiobooks and syncing with audible a little bit.
- Jaime admits that she didn’t finish her homework. #detention
- We talk about the time hopping in the book and how that detracted us from the story.
- We discuss how The Night Circus feels Lemony Snicket-esque.
- We talk about the characters and the romance aspect.
- We explore our favorite things about the Circus and what we think is happening now (after the end).
- We compare the book to other books we’ve read, like The Hunger Games.
- We mention the audiobook again, which was narrated by Jim Dale, who also narrated the Harry Potter audiobooks.
- Meg announces her pick for August’s Book of the Month: Dreamology by Lucy Keating!
What did you think? Are you on board with the #EJKMBookClub? We’d love for you all to join our club and read along with us! Tweet us and use the hashtag #EJKMBookClub so we can see your thoughts as well! Don’t be surprised if some of those tweets make their way onto our episodes!
Don’t miss last month’s homework episode and join in on our assigned readings (The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee | Storm Siren by Mary Weber | What if It’s Us by Adam Silvera & Becky Albertalli | The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson). We’re giving you homework, too. 😉 Stay tuned for next week’s episode where we flail over our Hotties of the Month.