We’re back with our monthly book club and here’s our next episode of the #EJKMBookClub. Each month, one of us chooses a book and makes the other three read it, and this time, it was Erin’s turn to book our book.
This month Erin chose: Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen!
This episode is all about Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. If you listened to last month’s episode, you know we were
scared out of our mindsa teensy tiny bit worried about reading this one. #Trolls We totally should have trusted Erin, as you will find out in this episode. Join us with your thoughts about this um, unique book using the #EJKMBookClub hashtag on instagram and twitter. We’ll also be announcing our next month’s pick in this episode.
iTunes | Google Play | Spotify
- Erin tells us why she chose Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. #Trolls ʕ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ʔ
- We discuss how we felt about the book and the characters, especially the MC Tristan, prompting us to apologize to Erin for ridiculing her choices.
- We talk about the parallels to Beauty and the Beast.
- We explore our feelings about trolls and our favorite scenes.
- We discuss the ending and whether we will be continuing the series. And when.
- Jaime announces her pick for June’s Book of the Month: The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw, which none of us have read. #Witches
What did you think? Are you on board with the #EJKMBookClub? We’d love for you all to join our club and read along with us! Tweet us and use the hashtag #EJKMBookClub so we can see your thoughts as well! Don’t be surprised if some of those tweets make their way onto our episodes!
Don’t miss last month’s homework episode and join in on our assigned readings (Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West | Warcross by Marie Lu | The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord | The Valiant by Lesley Livingston). We’re giving you homework, too. 😉 Stay tuned for next week’s episode where we flail over our Hotties of the Month.