Because we miss each other and talking about all the books, we’ve got some fun new episode ideas for the year, and this is the first we’ll be rolling out: our own book club (#EJKMBookClub), where each month one of us will choose a book and make the other three read it. After we finish, we’ll be recording an episode with our thoughts on the book and announcing the next month’s book.
This month Erin chose: An Ember in The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
This episode is all about An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Join us with your thoughts about this epic book using the #EJKMBookClub hashtag. We’ll also be announcing our next month’s pick in this episode.
- Erin explains why she chose An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and gives a pitch to listen to the audiobook as well.
- We discuss our general feelings–whether we loved it or hated it.
- We question the (necessary?) violence.
- We reveal our favorite parts. They really won’t surprise you. 😉
- We consider the comparisons to other favorite reads, like The Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, and Red Rising.
- We talk about whether we’ll read the next books in the series and discuss the love triangle aspects of the series.
- Jaime reveals her pick for the February Book of the Month: Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills! 😍😍😍
What did you think? Are you on board with the #EJKMBookClub? We’d love for you all to join our club and read along with us! Tweet us and use the hashtag #EJKMBookClub so we can see your thoughts as well! Don’t be surprised if some of those tweets make their way onto our episodes!