We’re so excited to pair up with our blogging BFF’s from Swoony Boys Podcast and bring you a feature we’ve been super excited to be able to bring you! We’ve had the opportunity to chat with a handful of amazing authors over the years but we wanted to make this more of a regular feature and hopefully it provides you answers and insight into some of your favorite authors and books! (If you want to see someone specific make sure you let us know in the comments) So without further ado we kick off today’s chat with Jessica Brody!
A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody
(Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads)Published by Macmillan on August 2nd 2016
Genres: Contemporary, Fantasy, Romance, Self-Esteem & Self-Reliance, Social Themes, Young Adult Fiction
When I made the wish, I just wanted a do-over. Another chance to make things right. I never, in a million years, thought it might actually come true...
Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having a serious case of the Mondays. She gets a ticket for running a red light, she manages to take the world’s worst school picture, she bombs softball try-outs and her class election speech (note to self: never trust a cheerleader when she swears there are no nuts in her bake-sale banana bread), and to top it all off, Tristan, her gorgeous rocker boyfriend suddenly dumps her. For no good reason!
As far as Mondays go, it doesn’t get much worse than this. And Ellie is positive that if she could just do it all over again, she would get it right. So when she wakes up the next morning to find she’s reliving the exact same day, she knows what she has to do: stop her boyfriend from breaking up with her. But it seems no matter how many do-overs she gets or how hard Ellie tries to repair her relationship, Tristan always seems bent set on ending it. Will Ellie ever figure out how to fix this broken day? Or will she be stuck in this nightmare of a Monday forever?
From the author 52 Reasons to Hate My Father and The Unremembered trilogy comes a hilarious and heartwarming story about second (and third and fourth and fifth) chances. Because sometimes it takes a whole week of Mondays to figure out what you really want.
- We jump right in with Jessica Brody’s elevator pitch for A Week of Mondays and how she initially got the original idea for the book.
- We were totally inspired by Jessica’s writing strategy. She shares some insight into how she structures her day, the way she develops her work, and gives a little glimpse into how important Evernote is for her.
- She gives us some detail on her brand new book, Save the Cat! Writes a Novel!.
- We talk about Jessica’s book development process, how long it takes from first draft to your bookshelves, and how Jessica celebrates her book birthdays.
Causing a disturbance at Target the other night after finding BOYS OF SUMMER on the shelf! pic.twitter.com/vDhdyUUrbw
— Jessica Brody (@JessicaBrody) April 7, 2016
- Next we shift to swoony boys, specifically Owen. Jessica talks to us about her approach with writing Owen was different from other boys she’s written.
- Then we discuss Ellie, a bit about the Unremembered Series, and how Jessica secretly lives out her villainous fantasies.
- Jessica answers our all-important question: will we get more Owen and Ellie?, discusses her ideas for A Month of Tuesdays, and lets us know her favorite scenes from A Week of Mondays.
- Jessica lets us know the characters from her books that she would like to introduce to each other, then she plays a little game of Two Truths and a Lie with us.
- Jessica lets us know how much she Mondays.
- We shift to other people’s books, and Jessica tells us what’s on her massive TBR, her latest reads, and the book she wants everyone to read. You’re welcome.
- We talk about four book boyfriends that Jessica thinks are swoony, then we wrap things up by playing a fun word association game.