We’re so excited to pair up with our blogging BFF’s from Swoony Boys Podcast and bring you a feature we’ve been super excited about! We’ve had the opportunity to chat with a handful of amazing authors over the years but we wanted to make this more of a regular feature and hopefully it provides you answers and insight into some of your favorite authors and books! (If you want to see someone specific make sure you let us know in the comments) So without further ado we kick off today’s chat with Robin Constantine! Have a listen and let us know what you think… OH and make sure you head over to iTunes and leave a (hopefully glowing) review of the podcast!!
The Season of You & Me by Robin Constantine
(Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads)Published by HarperCollins on May 10th 2016
Genres: Emotions & Feelings, Love & Romance, Self-Esteem & Self-Reliance, Social Themes, Young Adult
Cassidy Emmerich is determined to make this summer—the last before her boyfriend heads off to college—unforgettable. What she doesn’t count on is her boyfriend breaking up with her. Now, instead of being poolside with him, Cass is over a hundred miles away, spending the summer with her estranged father and his family at their bed-and-breakfast at the Jersey Shore and working as the newest counselor at Camp Manatee.
Bryan Lakewood is sick of nevers. You’ll never walk. You’ll never surf. You’ll never slow dance with your date at prom. One miscalculated step and Bryan’s life changed forever—now he’s paralyzed and needs to use a wheelchair. This is the first summer he’s back at his former position at Camp Manatee and ready to reclaim some of his independence, in spite of those who question if he’s up for the job.
Cass is expecting two months dealing with heartbreak.
Bryan is expecting a summer of tough adjustments.
Neither of them is expecting to fall in love.
- Robin Constantine gives us her elevator pitch for The Season of You & Me and tells us what inspired her to write the story.
- We chat about Jason Street a little bit. And swoon over Tim Riggins for a second.
- Robin shares her writing environment and the way she writes.
- We find out the way Robin celebrated when The Season of You & Me hit shelves.
- Robin gives us the 411 on where her characters came from and if this is the last we’ll see of Cassidy and Bryan.
- We dish on summer camp a little bit before Robin reveals some of her favorite scenes.
- We play two truths and a lie with Robin. You’ll be surprised by her answers!
- We get a little serious and ask Robin what she would include in a letter to her teenage self.
Robin tells us what’s on her always-growing TBR pile and the books she thinks are the most under-appreciated.
- You know us–we have to talk about the swoon. Robin shares how she writes her swoony boys.
- Finally, we play a little word association game with Robin. It’s fun!
Let us know what you think! Ask Us a Question or Make Suggestions via in the comments!