Because we value each other’s opinions more than perhaps any others, we’ve decided that in addition to our book club episodes, we’re going to choose a book for each other that we haven’t read before. We each have our own lists (Erin | Jaime | Kassiah | Meg), and each month we’ll take turns choosing a book from the lists we’ve made. We’ll get together and recap those reads for all of you and let you know what we thought! And we’ll also reveal to each other what we’ll be reading next! Sounds pretty easy, right?
So without further ado, let’s reveal our January 2019 Assigned Readings:
We announce the books that were chosen for us and discuss what we liked about them, if there were things we didn’t like, and (if applicable) whether or not we’ll continue the series.
- Erin’s book: Sanctum by Sarah Fine (chosen by Kassiah)
- Kassiah’s book: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (chosen by Meg)
- Jaime’s book: Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan (chosen by Erin)
- Meg’s book: This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (chosen by Jaime)
Then we reveal February’s Assigned reading:
- Erin’s homework: Royals by Rachel Hawkins (chosen by Jaime)
- Meg’s homework: Riders by Veronica Rossi (chosen by Kassiah)
- Kassiah’s homework: The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano (chosen by Erin)
- Jaime’s homework: Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (chosen by Meg)
We wrap things up by talking about whether this #EJKMHomework challenge has encouraged us to read other books from our backlists.
We want to hear from you, too, pretties. If one of us–or maybe all four of us–get a book that you haven’t read yet and you want to read along with us, do it! Join us and share your thoughts on twitter or instagram using the hashtag #EJKMHomework so we don’t miss out on what you think of these books! Consider it your homework, too. 🤓