Hi Everyone! I hope you all saw my flails about All Played Out recently! Well I jumped at the chance to be a part of the bucket list tour because… well… I’ve never really thought about a bucket list. I mean of course I have things I’d like to do sometime in my life and most of that revolves around travel, but it tends to dampen my spirits because I don’t know when I’ll even be able to consider any of it.
But you all know what a bucket list is right? It’s a list of things you want to do and will do. Why is this relevant to All Played Out you ask? Well, Nell, our main character has spent her college years focused on school and grades and homework and graduation. She never really considered what she might be missing out on… until she meets Torres. She realizes in her last few months of school that she wants to experience these things so she makes herself a “college bucket list” and plans to cross off as many things as she possibly can.
So that, my friends, is the inspiration for this post. We were all assigned topics to create a bucket list around and I was horribly excited when I got my topic! Are you ready for it?
5 Standalone Movies Everyone Should Have To Watch
1. Dead Poets Society – This movie not only cultivated my Robert Sean Leonard crush but if you asked me what movie still has the ability to make my black soul swell… this would be it. Not only is the story amazing and the acting incredible, but O’ Captain My Captain… are you kidding me. Watching Robin Williams in this movie makes me miss his genius and amazing skill as an actor.
2. Swing Kids – Did I mention I had a Robert Sean Leonard crush? Well he was in this one too – Young kids growing up in Nazi Germany attempt to be Swing Kids by night and Hitler Youth by day. If you don’t watch this movie, at least download the soundtrack because it’s so damn amazing. I still listen to it regularly. “Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing)” “It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)” “Bei Mir Bist Du Schön” (listen to the whole thing!) I can’t tell you guys how amazing everything about this movie is.
3. Tommy Boy – seriously. The only thing that I probably quote more in life are Friends episodes. The relationship between Chris Farley and David Spade is the best and I still laugh when I watch it.
4. Fight Club – This movie is so effing messed up… but it’s soooooo amazing.
5. Elf – Will Farrell makes me laugh and this is the perfect holiday movie… if you haven’t seen it, you’re a cotton headed ninny muggins.
5a. Can’t Hardly Wait – This movie is a treasure trove of stars. The plot is simple… it’s graduation night and everyone is heading to the biggest party of the year, but each has a different goal in mind. Ethan Embry is adorable… “Amanduuuuuuh” and “I can’t feel my legs!” Go Watch It.
Now… of course you’ll notice that I specifically stated that those above are standalone movies… of course I had to make a separate top 5 for series movies! Here they are!!
5 Series Movies Everyone Should Have To Watch
6. Harry Potter Series – Have you not seen these movies? If the answer is no our friendship is on the rocks. Not even joking.
7. Star Wars (all of them, just ignore Jar Jar Binks) Um Harrison Ford.
8. Band of Brothers – I realize this isn’t a movie, BUT It’s on DVD and it’s so effing amazing you guys. I am not a big war movie person, but this series will blow your mind. BoB follows Easy Company of the US Army 101st Airborne division and their mission in WWII Europe from Operation Overlord through V-J Day and it’s crazy to see the story on screen of what happened.
9. Indiana Jones (only the first 3) um. Harrison Ford. That Hat… that whip… that smile. *sigh* I even suffered through the Crystal Skull one for him.
10. The Bourne Series (just not that one with Jeremy Renner) – I read these books before the movies came out and they are seriously amazing. The action… the love story… the action… Matt Damon. So Good.
There you have it… my movie bucket list – what movies have you seen? Which ones are you going to run out and watch now? (*cough* ALL OF THEM *cough*) What movies would be on your bucket list! Let us know in the comments!All Played Out by Cora Carmack
(Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads)Also by this author: All Played Out, Roar
Published by Harper Collins on May 12th 2015
Genres: Coming of Age, Contemporary, Fiction, New Adult, Romance
First person in her family to go to college? CHECK.Straight A's? CHECK.On track to graduate early? CHECK.Social life? . . . Yeah, about that . . .With just a few weeks until graduation, Antonella DeLuca's beginning to worry that maybe she hasn't had the full college experience. (Scratch that. She knows she hasn't had the full college experience).So Nell does what she does best. She makes a "to do list" of normal college activities.Item #1? Hook up with a jock.Rusk University wide receiver Mateo Torres wrote the playbook for normal college living. When he's not on the field, he excels at partying, girls, and partying. As long as he keeps things light and easy, it's impossible to get hurt . . . again. But something about Nell gets under his skin, and when he learns about her list, he makes it his mission to help her complete it.Torres is the definition of confident (And sexy. And wild), and he opens up a side of Nell that she's never known. But as they begin to check off each crazy, exciting, normal item, Nell finds that her list leads to something more serious than she bargained for. And while Torres is used to taking risks on the field, he has to decide if he's willing to take the chance when it's more than just a game.